“Don’t Wait, Communicate. Make Your Emergency Plan Today,” will be the returning theme for National Preparedness Month 2016, which kicks off next week.
NPM offers opportunity for individuals and organizations to focus on planning now for emergency situations that could arise in the places where they live, work and visit. This year’s campaign will place an emphasis on preparedness for teens, older adults, and people with disabilities, and each week will carry a specified theme as follows:
• Week 1 (August 28-September 3): Promote National Preparedness Month
• Week 2 (September 4-10): Preparing Family and Friends
• Week 3 (September 11-17): Preparing Through Service
• Week 4 (September 18-24): Individual Preparedness
• Week 5 (September 25-30): Lead-up to National PrepareAthon! Day
To learn more about National Preparedness Month and to access a toolkit for use in promoting the initiative via social media, click here.
Get PSO News Via Email
Read Our Free PSO WhitepaperLearn how PSOs can help you build a safer, smarter organization without the fear of legal liability. Read our FREE whitepaper, "Patient Safety Organizations: Gaining Better Insight Without the Fear of Legal Discovery," authored in conjunction with Lynda M. Johnson, partner at Friday Eldredge & Clark, LLP.